I was typing this all up and realized it's really too much for an Instagram post... so I had to do some deep digging to figure out how to find my old photography blog and OH MY GOSH it's been 11 years since I last posted!!!
Anyways, about four years ago I met Shannon for the first time. She had just pulled up to my studio with her brand new (first) baby and stuck her head out her car window and said something like "I'm really nervous about this!" It was nearing two years of Covid and after taking almost a year off, I had been photographing babies again. I had ramped up my newborn safety protocol (still use all of it, by the way) and the photo shoot went beautifully. 1.5 years later I photographed her second baby, and just last month I photographed her third baby.
I have developed a huge appreciation for this tiny mom with the biggest heart and the ability to say what is on her mind. I know a ton of extremely hard working women, but Shannon may top the list. Shannon, if you are reading this, how many days do you think you have taken off helping run your husband's company (Marston Construction, Inc)? Three days? One for each birth of a baby? Actually, I have no doubt she worked the day before, during and after each birth lol. And in-between work, she is advocating for her kids and being a hands-on mom. She's one of those women who make you think "how does she do it all?"
Anyways, I'm getting off course. I met with her the other week via zoom to do our ordering appointment from our recent newborn shoot. The first thing I do is show a slideshow to music of all the images to get your brain wrapped around what we got. Our internet connection was funky and the screen of her face glitched out halfway through the video so when it was over and I couldn't hear or see her, I thought I lost her. But I hadn't lost her, I had caught her. Caught her in a moment when the chaos of life isn't at the forefront and she was found reflecting on the beauty of it all. I heard her sniffling and trying to gather words. "Johnny completes our family, there's been so much going on that I haven't had too much time to think about it, but I see these pictures of him with my other kids and it's just so clear that he completes us". Before I knew it I was crying too, and these two busy moms with seven kids between us got a little sob fest about how amazing these little humans are that complete our families.







Comments